Welcome to the Angelfire Team Blog. Here we'll be posting news and updates concerning what's going on at Angelfire.

If you have a question, or are looking for help with your website, head on over to our Community Blog, the Angelfire Club. However, if something is broken on your website or with Angelfire in general and you require official support please create a ticket or call our help line. You can find all the information on how to do either of these tasks here: http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/cgi-bin/howto/index.


« March 2017 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Angelfire Team Blog
Thursday, 27 January 2011
Web Shell Fixes & Update
Mood:  quizzical
Topic: Bug Fixes

HI everyone,

We just released a new update/fix for Web Shell Advanced editor.

First of all, we took another pass at fixing the cursor jumping that some of you have experienced while working in Web Shell.  This was largely a bug for IE users, as the text-jumping is a known issue with Microsoft, but there is no official fix for it.

Hopefully we've put something in place now that will fix the jumping for you.  If not, please write into support and let us know and we'll just have to come up with something else!

Also, we've re-inserted the confirmation message when you save files in Web Shell.  The confirmation message will show up at the top of your Web Shell control panel, next to where it says "File Management"

The update was minor, but we've updated the initial HTML code that is generated with the creation of a new .html file.  This does not affect any of the .html files you currently have on your site.  It's more just to get the code up to an industry standard doc-type.

That's it for today.  Hope you all have been having a good first month to 2011.  Even more updates are planned for February and March, so keep a look out!

 


Posted by team-blog at 5:08 PM EST
Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 10 December 2010
Significant Bug fix for the Angelfire Site Builder
Topic: Bug Fixes

Repost from the Angelfire Club:

This afternoon (Wednesday the 8th) we released a bug fix for the Angelfire Site Builder that we hope will clear up any lingering issues with the error: "Module no longer exists"

The bug fix does two things specifically:

1. It puts the Add-on Module frame back around anything that was broken before so that at least you can A.) see what it was and B.) delete it and re-add it if you like. That will almost always fix the issue.

2. It also allows the content to appear on the published site. That ought to prevent things like images not appearing on the published site but instead just showing a blank area where the image (or guestbook or counter etc) ought to be.


Posted by team-blog at 8:32 AM EST
Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 19 October 2010
Link making tool fixed
Mood:  caffeinated
Topic: Bug Fixes

Last night we released an update to the link making function in our Site Builder tool. Making links to internal pages on sites was not working correctly... now it is.

We also fixed something else about that tool as well... it is now aware of any Domains that you may have on your account and will make the links correctly to the page at your domain instead of at your account location.

All Angelfire customers automatically get a publish location when they sign up... it looks like: http://angelfire.com/username/pagename.html

Even when you have a Domain such as say, mydomain.com and you make a page like contact_us.html it is accessible in both ways... ie:

1.) http://angelfire.com/username/pagename.html

 and

2.) http://mydomain.com/pagename.html

Previously the link tool was only creating links with the path in the 1st example. Whih worked fine... but wasn't great for your Search Engine Optimization.

Now when you own a domain and make links they always come out with the Domain name as the path. A minor and yet somewhat significant change in terms of your SEO.


Posted by team-blog at 9:52 AM EDT
Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 1 October 2010
Web Shell Special Characters Fix
Mood:  d'oh
Topic: Bug Fixes

During our relaunch, a Web Shell config file was altered which resulted in some customers experiencing 'garbled text' where quotes or other special characters had existed in their HTML files.

This error only occured if you actually edited and saved a particular page that had these characters on it.  

The error has been fixed and all special characters should now render fine upon saving your file.  However, if you did edit your HTML files and save them while this bug was present, then those pages will continue to have the garbled characters in them.

If you use FrontPage, FTP, or have back-ups of your HTML pages on your computer, you can re-upload those files and everything should go back to normal.

If you don't have back-ups to fix your pages, or if you're still getting strange text when you upload your new pages, please let us know! 

When reporting these errors, please use our support-ticket system: https://help.lycos.com

Please give us as much information as possible, ie. tell us exactly which pages  on your website have the garbled text on them.  If there are any special characters aside from quotes, let us know what they should have been, and we'll be able to help you more swiftly and efficiently.

Thanks!


Posted by team-blog at 10:09 AM EDT
Updated: Friday, 1 October 2010 10:11 AM EDT
Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older